Mar 7, 2008

3-7-08 Settling In

Katie gave me a wonderful gift last night: sandalwood shaving cream. Some people don't care for it, but I find the act of shaving to be wonderfully meditative, and requiring a certain level of skill, which allows me to step outside my usual chattering thoughts in the morning and just DO something for a change. I recently began shaving with my grandfather's old double-edged safety razor, and though it requires a little more concentration, it gives me a much closer shave than I've ever gotten with a cartridge razor.

Even though I've heard that "wet shaving" (i.e. shaving with a double-edge or straight razor, brushes and cups, and using wet cream rather than the stuff out of the can, etc.) is a new trend or something, I don't mind being part of a trend (even though I normally find it abhorrent), and am looking forward to the time when people are brushing their teeth using silver-handled, boars-hair toothbrushes and debating online the merits of various forms of high-grade, high-end toothpastes.

1 comment:

Philucifer said...

Personally, I like to brush my teeth with straight bleach.